Are you looking for an effective, safe and natural remedy for hard to heal skin or for routine skin care?
Nature has created the most extraordinary active ingredient for the health and beauty of the skin. Nature’s gift for people of all ages, colour or skin condition.
Here you will see scientific evidence of the performance and vast implications for beauty care of the discovery of a naturally occurring serum that powers a line of natural skin care products formulated to address the root cause of most skin concerns and their specific symptoms.
It is a remarkably common and 100% natural immune serum. The substance as a whole has all the essential antioxidant enzymes, peptides, carbohydrates, and complex biological nutrients your skin needs to experience skin rejuvenation.
Explore the multiple benefits of the ingredient as it powers the most effective and best natural skin care products (fragrance and paraben free):
- nourishes the skin
- draws out pollutants
- replenishes hyaluronic acid (“the moisture-magnet of the skin”)
- enhances the defense and self cleansing systems of the skin
- arrests oxidation by free radicals
- halts immoderate inflammation
- repairs the undermining DNA damage caused by overexposure to solar radiation that leads to a cascade of chronic “inflamm-aging” and photo-aged skin
- complements your healthy nourishment topically (on the skin)
- dims premature wrinkles & tones up beauty
- stimulates the biochemical, structural and functional processes that regenerate damaged tissues and rejuvenate skin at the cellular level
- normalises skin disorders, such as keratosis pilaris alba and KP rubra – “chicken skin” bumps
- helps to remove scars of all types including acne scars and acne marks and is excellent for natural acne treatment
- makes other active ingredients in skin care products much more powerful.
The discovery of its beautifying and healthy effects was led by the demand for “escargots” from 5 Star Restaurants & Bistros of Paris.
Chilean farmers, at an organic fruit orchard, packing wild brown garden snails for export to France noticed something peculiar. Their hands became incredibly soft; cuts and abrasions healed with no infection or scarring and old scars disappeared. This was back in the 80’s.
Endowed by Nature with all the essential molecules skin needs for repair and healthy regeneration.
In 2004 a fascinating observation was made.
During the heat of the day and the dry hours of noon, snails remain in a dormant state called aestivation or dryness sleep (the opposite of hibernating).
They guard themselves inside their shell with very little oxygen. Later, when they emerge to the atmosphere they protect themselves from damaging free radicals by copiously secreting a serum packed with the most powerful enzyme antioxidants, peptides and glycoproteins and carbohydrate molecules to hydrate, repair and protect the skin (this we noticed, measured, and started on a mission to bring Mother Nature’s skin care masterpiece to the world).
Then we observed that the same secretions the snail uses to protect itself from free radicals are secreted by the snail to deter predators and/or get ready to heal its skin after injurious attacks.
In February 2005 a study done by the Universidade de Brasilia, showed that the Helix Aspera snail’s free radical metabolism has an internal clock that can control the regulation of free radical metabolism during different seasons. This meant that the creature has year round protection.
- Source: Seasonal modulation of free radical metabolism in estivating land snails Helix aspersa. Gabriella R. Ramos-Vasconcelos, Luciano A. Cardoso, Marcelo Hermes-Lima in Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part C: Toxicology & Pharmacology Volume 140, Issue 2, February 2005, Pages 165–174. Copyright © 2005 Elsevier Inc.
The serum is also an essential player of the innate immune system of the species Helix Aspersa, and helps to repair human wounds and regenerate damaged skin tissues.
Scientifically & Clinically Challenged
The snail serum has been scientifically & clinically challenged by independent dermatology institutions. They have proven the serum to be powerfully antioxidant, repair damage to cells’ DNA, have fibroblast growth factor activity that extends the life of senescent or aged fibroblasts (the stem cells of the skin) and, orchestrate the orderly process of damaged skin regeneration without excess or aberrant scarring.
The studies were performed in 2007 and 2012 by dermatologists from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York and, from other prestigious institutions of North America and Europe.
A completely natural skin care ingredient: “anything we can do, nature can do better”.
According to the team lead by Salvador Gonzalez, a Dermatologist formed in Spain and working at the derm service in New York, “the natural serum contains glycans, enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) and Gluthatione (GST) antioxidant activities” […], “and has regenerative properties”. The compound “promotes proliferation, migration and survival of keratinocytes [skin cells in the outer layer of the skin] and dermal fibroblasts [the stem cells of the skin]”.
Both studies were published in peer reviewed dermatology journals. First in “Skin Pharmacology and Physiology”, on January 2008. The second more in depth study in “International Journal of Cosmetic Science”, on January 2012. Both are also published at the website of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The three links are further down this page.
The cells and extracellular matrix in the skin of snails is similar to human skin and among their tissues Helix Aspersa snails have 13 sub epidermal secretory gland types, that we humans do not have.
The foot of the gastropod produces a secretion for crawling on, the other areas of the body secrete a kind of mucus designed to coat the external parts of the body; this coating helps prevent desiccation of the exposed soft tissues and provide all the nourishing molecules skin cells need to function at its full potential, and repair skin and body, and even regenerate fully functional eyes after it survives injuries when attacked by predators or burned.
On the regeneration of the eye in Helix aspersa and Cryptomphallus aspersa. Instituto de Biología Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires Cell and Tissue Research 01/1973; 142(1):63-68. DOI: 10.1007/BF00306704
ABSTRACT The distal half of the posterior tentacle of adult Helix aspersa and Cryptomphallus aspersa was removed and the proximal half was studied with light and electron microscopy after different intervals. The tentacle itself does not regenerate, but the receptor organs at the distal end of the normal tentacle differentiate at the level of the section. The newly formed eye is smaller than the control; however, its components and subcellular characteristics resemble those of the normal eye. The newly generated eye usually possesses the same structure as the native one, differing principally only in size. The events of eye regeneration appear to recapitulate embryonic eye formation, i.e. the sequence of invagination, pigmentation and differentiation of lens, optic nerve and retinal patterns.
Validated By Clinically Relevant Research
Recently the International Atomic Energy Agency in Austria (4), has endorsed a study that added clinical evidence to the laboratory research that unveiled the molecular basis explaining the vast implications for beauty care and corrective skin treatment of using the secretions of the glands of snails of the species Cryptomphalus Aspersa or Helix Aspersa to empower topical skin care products.
The double blind clinical trials were published by the Agency at its website on May 21, 2014. They confirm “the specially good results obtained by using snail secretions for the treatment of radiodermatitis caused by radiotherapy for cancer”. The study was based on 100 patients. 50 of the patients with acute radiodermatitis (skin lesions with desquamation or blisters and very dry skin) received treatment with the secretions for 3 months.
The Agency says: “A statistically significant clinical improvement in erythema [redness and irritation], itching and burning pain was noted both at first week and one month after starting therapy. These results open a new way in the future treatment of acute radiodermatitis. Cryptomphalus Aspersa is an alternative therapy for many patients diagnosed of malignant tumors which require radiotherapy with specially good results in breast and neck radio dermatitis.”
Best Anti Aging Natural Skin Care
Researchers from Spain and from the University of California, Department of Medicine/Dermatology in San Diego (5), published in April 2013, the effects and positive results of snail secretions filtrate in diming wrinkles and improving skin with accumulated solar damage or photo-aged skin.
Superior Efficacy Of Natural Skin Care Backed By Evidence
Clinical studies published by “The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and Dermatology” (6) had concluded, in 2010, that these snail secretions have positive results on atopic dermatitis (eczema).
While studies in Greece published by the “Journal of Dermatology Treatment” in 2009 (7) proved the benefits of using the secretions in the management of partial thickness burn protocols (second degree burns).
Our company tested its own natural skin care products empowered by the snail secretions for those same skin concerns, as well as “BIOSKIN” products for several other skin disorders.
It is important to note that all our natural skin care products perform what all effective skincare products must truly accomplish: activate the fibroblasts, the cells in the dermis responsible for orchestrating the orderly regeneration of all skin components. They must also scavenge free radicals, the culprit of premature skin aging and accumulated sun damage.
We have also confirmed they replenish the lipid barrier of the skin and hyaluronic acid, which is fundamental for proper moisturizing.
Volunteer trials with Bioskincare beauty care cream, yielded the highest subjective and clinical improvement scores for all parameters measuring the quality of the skin.
For Beauty Care And Specific Skin Concerns
- beauty care and effects of harsh treatments
- uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation and wrinkles
- natural skin care for acne prone skin: first wash the face or back with an alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy cleanser (Alpha Beta Cleanser) and then 2 minutes later apply Bioskintreatment lotion for an effective acne treatment.
- acne scars reduction, including boxcar acne scars, icepick acne scars or pitted acne scars and rolling acne scars
- rosacea and dry skin as well as dermatitis, eczema or xerosis
- keloid, scars & stretch marks
- keratosis pilaris – chicken skin bumps
- men’s skin, irritations, ingrown hairs, razor burns
- sensitive skin, hard to heal, rough abused skin
- actinic keratosis & skin cancer prevention
Get Pretty Handsome, Naturally!
See below the list of natural active ingredients in our branded BIOCUTIS® natural skin care products, for beauty care and hard to heal skin, and what they are best for:
1. BioskinCare: Use it for daily skin care (and the genius of a NON-trauma enzyme exfoliation for the renewal of the skin), or for the recovery of the cutis (dermis and epidermis) after harsh treatments with retinoids or isotretinoin (Accutane) for cystic acne, fruit & acid peels that thicken the skin too much when used for frequent exfoliation, abrasives or with laser burning or professional microdermabrasion. Also to get rid of mild actinic keratosis scales, hypertrophic or raised scars, and newly formed stretch marks (it also prevents stretch marks).
Made with Biocutis snail serum, extra virgin olive oil, hyaluronic acid (the very best moisturizer), Glycerin (humectant) and a commercial preservative made only with plant extracts (SUPRAPEIN).
2. Bioskinexfol: for clever cleansing (enzyme exfoliation) use once a week. For acne scars or old stretch marks use twice a day. Same ingredients as in Bioskincare with added microcrystals to gently dissolve dead cells and debris with enzymes and a little physical abrasion of the outermost layer of the skin to “resurface” and take away imperfections, acne scars and old stretch marks.
3. BioskinBalm: similar to Bioskincare plus extra virgin rosehip oil, Chamomile, and Pentavitin™ a saccharide isomerate moisture retainer; to repair the lipid skin barrier, for dry skin, rosacea, dermatitis and eczema and calm rashes that itch.
4. BioskinRepair: to shrink keloid scars. It is the same as Bioskincare with added Petasites Japonicus Root Extract for releiving itching and skin irritations common in keloid scar tissues.
5. BioskinRejuvenation: for wrinkles and age spots, hyperpigmentation and melasma; and repair photo-aging or photodamage from accummulated excess solar radiation. It is the same as Bioskincare with added Rumex extract and a peptide to block and inhibit tyrosinase activity and the synthesis of melanin pigmentation in the skin. Good for use after acne resolves to get rid of remains of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
6. BioskinTreatment: the strongest acne treatment product. It dissolves hardened sebum that blocks pores and is the culprit of acne; but also helps to get rid of keratosis pilaris or “chicken skin” bumps (as it dissolves the accumulation of keratin in and around the pores); and for shedding off of precancerous actinic keratosis scales and mild crusts.
This product is similar to Bioskincare and contains whole willow bark, a natural source of salicylic acid (from the Salix Nigra Willow Tree) which helps to dissolve hardened sebum (the culprit of acne) and also contains natural molecules that buffer the salicylic acid so that it has none of the adverse effects of the synthetic form; and on the contrary is anti-microbial, anti irritant, and anti-inflammatory.
7. BioskinRevitalizer: contains snail serum plus vitamic C, hyaluronic acid and red seaweed extract; to strengthen sensitive and hard to heal skin or for abused skin and intense skin repair. With the highest concentration of snails secretions (to the point of most effectiveness for very abused skin).
8. Bioskinrelief: to relieve burn pain and skin irritations caused by different methods used for hair removal and for the special needs of a man’s skin.
See the video below on how to get rid of acne scars with Bioskincare and Bioskinexfol (for old acne scars).
Biocutis Skin Care Affects The Epidermis & Dermis, The Cutis
The epidermis is composed of the outermost layers of cells in the skin, “epi” in Greek meaning “over” or “upon”, which together with the dermis forms the cutis [kyoo-tis].
Our company markets its all natural skin care products powered by Helix aspersa or Cryptomphalus aspersa snail secretions, made in North America, with the brand Biocutis®.
Technologically Advanced Skincare
The secretions are collected in Chile from snails one by one (a meticulous labour of love); and we use a third generation technology that stimulates their copious secretions.
Our propietary technology also allows us to embed the secretions, as they are being secreted, into microscopic lipid vessels that have an extraordinary affinity with cells’ membranes.
Thus, their antioxidant enzymes, soluble proteins, copper peptides, oligoelements (copper, zinc, selenium, calcium…) and complex biologic carbohydrate (sugar) glycans are not only protected against performance degradation but can penetrate deeply beyond the epidermis into the dermis when applied topically.
BIOCUTIS® serum is scientifically proven, unique, completely natural and collected from live snails without doing any harm to the wondrous little creatures. The serum is exported from our subsidiary in Chile to Korea & The USA.
Manufactured In The USA
In North America, in a state-of-the-art, FDA registered & current Good Manufacturing Practice factory, it truly empowers the best natural skin care products.
The Biocutis® line includes 10 products formulated with the serum and several active botanicals that complement the serum and address specific skin concerns.
Each product is a complete solution for people needing corrective skin care for premature skin aging, pigmentation and other skin disorders, burns, itchy rashes, etc., or for daily beauty care.
In the column at your right you can click on one of the images that best reflects your skin concerns, and see how easily you can heal and get back your beautiful skin with just one specific Biocutis ® product.
The quest for a process to collect the secretions and preserve them, begun in the 1980’s. Up to date three technologies have been developed to collect and include the secretions in skin care products. But getting them is still a very labour intensive process, so you will not see them listed as ingredients in luxury or paid celebrity endorsed cosmetic brands.
Products based on snail secretions are popular in South America and in Europe. Perhaps because people there see and touch them in their gardens and are familiar with their many beautiful colors, shapes and sizes. Or because they enjoy gourmet “escargots”, and do not consider them at all gross or slimy.
In America, actress Katie Holmes and celebrity Ashley Robertson are saying they are “impressed by the results”. And grateful to the little garden snails, and to the small farmers in Chile that first discovered their beautiful properties.
If this is your first time using Biocutis we offer you a 100% no-risk guarantee. Simply use one of our products, twice a day, for one month and if you don’t get significant improvements, you can simply return the empty jar and we will refund your money. Simple as that.
Testimonials are from repeat customers and may not reflect your experience with our products.
Content provided on this site is solely for informational purposes. It is your sole responsibility to consult a licensed physician or qualified health care professional for advice, diagnosis, and/or treatment of any health related condition.
Our products do not contain parabens, artificial fragrances, damaging chemical preservatives, or pore-clogging waxes. Some are 100% natural, others are 99,90% natural. All the natural it can get!
Please note commercial products with snail secretions are not endorsed by the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, or the International Atomic Energy Agency, but their scientific research and clinical trials are conclusive.
We were at 2014 Foire de Paris in May 2014, and wish to say thak you to our visitors: “Mercy beacoup de votre gentille visite”, on our booth. We were also at The Health Ingredients Japan 2014 Fair. Thank you for you visit.
Links to Independent Scientific & Clinical Validation
(1) Molecular basis for the regenerative properties of a secretion of the mollusk Cryptomphalus aspersa. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology Published: January 2008.
(2) A secretion of the mollusc Cryptomphalus aspersa promotes proliferation, migration and survival of keratinocytes and dermal fibroblasts in vitro. International Journal of Cosmetic Science Published: January 2012.
(3) Papers 1 and 2 about Skin Regeneration are published by The Library of The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
(4) Treatment of Acute Radiodermatitis with Cryptomphalus aspersa Secretion International Atomic Energy Agency. Published May 21, 2014.
(6) The Effects of Snail Secretion Filtrate on the damaged skin barrier’s recovery of the Atopic dermatitis Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information. The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and Dermatology, Volume 23, Issue 3 2010, pp.138-153.
(7) The efficacy of Helix aspersa Müller extract in the healing of partial thickness burns: a novel treatment for open burn management protocols. Journal of Dermatology Treatment. Published: 2009, Vol. 20, No. 4, pages 219-222.
Relief For Keratosis Pilaris Disorder- Chicken Skin Bumps
Keratosis pilaris is a common, benign skin disorder that affects adolescents and adults. Keratin (the stuff nails are made off) gets deposited in the hair follicles and causes numerous small, rough, white, tan or red little bumps around them on the upper arms, thighs, buttocks, and cheeks. Bioskintreatment is formulated with willow bark extract, a source of natural salicylic acid and snail secretions for the biological treatment of keratosis pilaris.
How to look beautiful without make up and the best natural skin care routine
Thank you for visiting.
Marie Claude Neil, Humberto del Pozo and the Biocutis Team