Are you looking for an effective, safe and natural remedy to prevent, get rid of, cure, exfoliate, or quickly remove a hard to heal skin condition, a pesky ingrown hair, some other dreaded annoyance or serious skin concern? Or maybe you want a proven skin care product and a routine for soft, supple, naturally beautiful skin?
All your skin concerns come down to malfunctioning cells. And there are two causes: lack of nutrients and exposure to toxins.
In toxins we may include not only pollutants and some cosmetics & skin care products with chemicals but also excess solar radiation and the reactive oxygen species it provokes.
An example of lack of nutrients, that you might be unaware of, is the fact that acne is first and foremost caused by a deficit in linoleic fatty acids (omega-6) in the sebum glands, not by bacteria.
The depletion of linoleic fatty acids in the sebum glands transforms the liquid oil or sebum that normally outflows swiftly to the surface into a hardened paste that injures the cells lining the sebum ducts as if they were razor blades or nails, while it also blocks the pores. This is what causes the inflammatory cascade that ensues and may end up leaving behind those dreaded acne scars.
Together improper nourishment and toxins weaken the immune system.
But there is an elegant solution. Hold on for a minute or two as we share with you how an invertebrate animal, with skin and soft tissues very similar to human skin easy does it, and holds the key to troubleshooting such problems?
Nature provides us a remarkable naturally occurring immune serum for the skin.
It is an active ingredient that helps to restore the health and beauty of the skin. Nature’s gift for children, teenagers and young adults suffering from acne, middle age men and women worried about signs of aging skin and premature wrinkles, or octogenarians with annoying actinic keratosis scales, and people of all ages, colour or skin condition.
Here you will see scientific evidence of the performance and vast implications for beauty care of the discovery of a naturally occurring serum* that powers a line of natural skin care products formulated to address the root cause of most skin concerns and their specific symptoms, with over the counter products that you can apply at home.
* serum: a protein-rich fluid that contains enzymes, complex molecules and, nourishing compounds or substances that provide immunity to pathogens or toxins and/or helps to restore health to organs or cells.
Watch the video on the discovery of this naturally occurring immune serum for the skin.
It is a remarkably common and 100% natural immune serum. The substance as a whole has all the essential antioxidant enzymes, copper peptides, antimicrobial peptides, soluble proteins, glycoproteins, carbohydrates, and complex biological nutrients your skin needs to experience skin rejuvenation.
Explore the multiple benefits of the ingredient as it powers the most effective and best natural skin care products (fragrance and paraben free):
- nourishes the skin with all the elements (copper, zinc, selenium and other) and glycoprotein and carboHYDRATE molecules it needs for the cells to perform their functions correctly,
- activates the skin’s own enzymes (metalloproteinases) that remove damaged proteins (sun as sun-damaged collagen and elastin) and scars,
- draws out pollutants by the action of enzymes contained in the naturally occurring serum,
- enhances the defense and self cleansing systems of the skin,
- replenishes hyaluronic acid and other glycosaminoglycans (“the moisture-magnets of the skin”),
- arrests oxidation by free radicals,
- halts immoderate inflammation,
- repairs the undermining DNA damage caused by overexposure to solar radiation that leads to a cascade of chronic “inflamm-aging” and photo-aged skin,
- complements your healthy nourishment topically (on the skin),
- regenerates new collagen and elastin which improves skin firmness and elasticity,
- dims premature wrinkles & tones up beauty,
- stimulates the biochemical, structural and functional processes that regenerate damaged tissues and rejuvenate skin at the cellular level,
- normalizes skin disorders, such as keloids, rosacea, keratosis pilaris alba and KP rubra – “chicken skin” bumps,
- helps to dissolve the bonds between damaged proteins and fibers and removes scars of all types including acne scars and acne marks,
- it addresses the root cause of acne inflammation: hardened sebum that injures the cells lining the sebum ducts, and powers the strongest natural acne treatment product,
- makes other active ingredients in corrective skin care products much more powerful.
The way it works in synergy with other whole naturally occurring ingredients, that we use in our products to address specific skin symptoms, has also shed light on what is necessary for skin to remain healthy and beautiful.
The Beauty and Genius of a NON-Trauma Exfoliation
The beauty and genius of the snail secretions is that they dissolve the bonds in damaged tissues and fibers without affecting the healthy tissues and proteins. It causes a NON-TRAUMA exfoliation, little by little when used for a month or so. And at the same time it nourishes the cells and they properly orchestrate the healthy and natural process of orderly and periodic skin regeneration.
The later is important for scars, deep hyperpigmentation and other imperfections because if there is too little skin rebuilding, then the enzyme “digestion” (or in other cases an exfoliating, peeling agent or laser burning) may cause further damage, scarring and/or inflammation.
With the enzymes there is no burning or harsh treatment or damage to heal, and thus the process of skin regeneration proceeds swiftly revealing a refreshed skin, softer texture and healthier, naturally beautiful skin.
The same has given us insights on how to exfoliate the face properly to cleverly clean the pores deep inside, and assist in the removal of hardened sebum in whiteheads, and smooth and refine the skin’s texture, to yield a soft, supple look. And improve blood circulation to the face, offering the appearance of a fresh radiance.
For scars and restoring normal skin color the product must be applied twice daily and an improvement should be noted in a month, but obtaining a cosmetically satisfying result may take several months. Going slow is better than trying to rush the process. Skin can only rebuild so fast.
Our products can also be used with traditional skin renewal methods such as lasers, deep peels, and dermabrasion, and in combination with microdermabrasion (as we do it in our home microdermabrasion cream: BIOSKINEXFOL). These more vigorous procedures rapidly remove any scar tissue. But subsequent problems arise if the skin fails to heal rapidly. This can produce inflamed, reddish skin for up to a year before healing is complete. In this case, supplying the skin with the nutrients it needs, including the natural copper peptides in the immune serum, can facilitate the skin post-procedure recovery.
A Startling Discovery
The discovery of its beautifying and healthy effects was led by the demand for “escargots” from 5 Star Restaurants & Bistros of Paris.
Chilean farmers, at an organic fruit orchard, packing wild brown garden snails for export to France noticed something peculiar. Their hands became incredibly soft; cuts and abrasions healed with no infection or scarring and old scars disappeared. This was back in the 80’s.
Endowed by Nature with all the essential molecules skin needs for repair and healthy regeneration.
In 2004 a fascinating observation was made.
During the heat of the day and the dry hours of noon, snails remain in a dormant state called aestivation or dryness sleep (the opposite of hibernating).
They guard themselves inside their shell with very little oxygen. Later, when they emerge to the atmosphere they protect themselves from damaging free radicals by copiously secreting a serum packed with the most powerful enzyme antioxidants, peptides and glycoproteins and carbohydrate molecules to hydrate, repair and protect the skin (this we noticed, measured, and started on a mission to bring Mother Nature’s skin care masterpiece to the world).
Then we observed that the same secretions the snail uses to protect itself from free radicals are secreted by the snail to deter predators and/or get ready to heal its skin after injurious attacks.
In February 2005 a study done by the Universidade de Brasilia, showed that the Helix Aspera snail’s free radical metabolism has an internal clock that can control the regulation of free radical metabolism during different seasons. This meant that the creature has year round protection.
- Source: Seasonal modulation of free radical metabolism in estivating land snails Helix aspersa. Gabriella R. Ramos-Vasconcelos, Luciano A. Cardoso, Marcelo Hermes-Lima in Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part C: Toxicology & Pharmacology Volume 140, Issue 2, February 2005, Pages 165–174. Copyright © 2005 Elsevier Inc.
The serum is also an essential player of the innate immune system of the species Helix Aspersa, and helps to repair human wounds and regenerate damaged skin tissues.
Scientifically & Clinically Challenged
The snail serum has been scientifically & clinically challenged by independent dermatology institutions. They have proven the serum to be powerfully antioxidant, repair damage to cells’ DNA, have fibroblast growth factor activity that extends the life of senescent or aged fibroblasts (the stem cells of the skin) and, orchestrate the orderly process of damaged skin regeneration without excess or aberrant scarring.
The studies were performed in 2007 and 2012 by dermatologists from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York and, from other prestigious institutions of North America and Europe.
A completely natural skin care ingredient: “anything we can do, nature can do better”.
According to the team lead by Salvador Gonzalez, a Dermatologist formed in Spain and working at the derm service in New York, “the natural serum contains glycans, enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) and Gluthatione (GST) antioxidant activities” […], “and has regenerative properties”. The compound “promotes proliferation, migration and survival of keratinocytes [skin cells in the outer layer of the skin] and dermal fibroblasts [the stem cells of the skin]”.
Both studies were published in peer reviewed dermatology journals. First in “Skin Pharmacology and Physiology”, on January 2008. The second more in depth study in “International Journal of Cosmetic Science”, on January 2012. Both are also published at the website of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The three links are further down this page.
The cells and extracellular matrix in the skin of snails is similar to human skin and among their tissues Helix Aspersa snails have 13 sub epidermal secretory gland types, that we humans do not have.
The foot of the gastropod produces a secretion for crawling on, the other areas of the body secrete a kind of mucus designed to coat the external parts of the body; this coating helps prevent desiccation of the exposed soft tissues and provide all the nourishing molecules skin cells need to function at its full potential, and repair skin and body, and even regenerate fully functional eyes after it survives injuries when attacked by predators or burned.
On the regeneration of the eye in Helix aspersa and Cryptomphallus aspersa. Instituto de Biología Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires Cell and Tissue Research 01/1973; 142(1):63-68. DOI: 10.1007/BF00306704
ABSTRACT The distal half of the posterior tentacle of adult Helix aspersa and Cryptomphallus aspersa was removed and the proximal half was studied with light and electron microscopy after different intervals. The tentacle itself does not regenerate, but the receptor organs at the distal end of the normal tentacle differentiate at the level of the section. The newly formed eye is smaller than the control; however, its components and subcellular characteristics resemble those of the normal eye. The newly generated eye usually possesses the same structure as the native one, differing principally only in size. The events of eye regeneration appear to recapitulate embryonic eye formation, i.e. the sequence of invagination, pigmentation and differentiation of lens, optic nerve and retinal patterns.
Validated By Clinically Relevant Research
Recently the International Atomic Energy Agency in Austria (4), has endorsed a study that added clinical evidence to the laboratory research that unveiled the molecular basis explaining the vast implications for beauty care and corrective skin treatment of using the secretions of the glands of snails of the species Cryptomphalus Aspersa or Helix Aspersa to empower topical skin care products.
The double blind clinical trials were published by the Agency at its website on May 21, 2014. They confirm “the specially good results obtained by using snail secretions for the treatment of radiodermatitis caused by radiotherapy for cancer”. The study was based on 100 patients. 50 of the patients with acute radiodermatitis (skin lesions with desquamation or blisters and very dry skin) received treatment with the secretions for 3 months.
The Agency says: “A statistically significant clinical improvement in erythema [redness and irritation], itching and burning pain was noted both at first week and one month after starting therapy. These results open a new way in the future treatment of acute radiodermatitis. Cryptomphalus Aspersa is an alternative therapy for many patients diagnosed of malignant tumors which require radiotherapy with specially good results in breast and neck radio dermatitis.”
Thousands of Customers Rave And Share Their Experience
Unsolicited Testimonials – Our most cherished reward.
Assisting our customers in the use of our products and their skin concerns shed light on what other ingredients where necessary to achieve their goals. The first notable feedback came from a person working in the US Navy. He told us his barber couldn’t believe what he was witnessing when he saw the keloids in the back of his customer’s neck had shrink to almost disappearance one month after his latest hair cut.
The next was a woman from the UK in her 40’s reporting that she had recommended the use of Bioskincare to his brother living in New Zealand because she had seen her rhinophyma (red bulbous nose affected by rosacea) become much better to the point that in two months it was barely noticeable, and because his elder brother, 56 years old, had it much worse than she had ever had it.
Another surprise came in when a woman in her 30’s reported using Bioskincare in conjunction with Accutane (isotretinoin) for acne breakouts that where back after having dissapeared for years when she used a course of Accutane in her 20’s but remembered the skin blisters and chapped lips and bruises caused by the fragility to her skin imposed by isotretinoin. She used our product to relieve the dryness and side effects of the drug very successfully.
Many other testimonials helped us to realize that by adding other naturally occurring ingredients in our formulations we could come up with specific products to alleviate the symptoms of the most common and worrisome skin concerns.
We used the following ingredients to make products to complement the benefits of Bioskincare, all powered by the naturally occurring immune serum:
- Willow bark, a naturally occurring source of salicylic acid, to make Bioskintreatment to unclog pores and dissolve hardened sebum faster for acne, and for the removal of excess keratin in keratosis pilaris and mild precancerous actinic keratosis;
- Rumex extracts, a naturally occurring inhibitor of the enzyme tyrosinase for the removal of hyperpigmentation to Bioskinrejuvenation for hyperpigmentation;
- Petasites Japonicus Root Extract, a naturally occurring anti-histamine, to make Bioskinrepair for redness, irritation and itching in keloids and rosacea, and to Bioskinrelief to relieve skin irritation after hair removal;
- Rosehip seed oil, a naturally occurring source of trans-retinoic acid (Vitamin a), to make Bioskinbalm for dry skin, dermatitis and rashes;
- Microcrystals to make Bioskinexfol, to speed the removal of superficial imperfections, deeply cleanse pores and quickly remove acne scar tissues from the surface of the skin.
- We also add more Hyaluronic acid to all our products to improve hydration.
- And we formulated a Vitamic C serum empowered by our naturally occurring immune serum and, seaweed extracts that supply more oligo-elements necessary to thoroughly nourish the skin (we recommend using the Bioskinrevitalizer serum for abused and smoker’s skin, and also for skin maintenance (but for maintenance only use it during one month in the summer and one month in the winter, because with more it is too much of antioxidants and not good for your skin).
Best Anti Aging Natural Skin Care
Researchers from Spain and from the University of California, Department of Medicine/Dermatology in San Diego (5), published in April 2013, the effects and positive results of snail secretions filtrate in dimming wrinkles and improving skin with accumulated solar damage or photo-aged skin.
Superior Efficacy Of Natural Skin Care Backed By Evidence
Clinical studies published by “The Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and Dermatology” (6) had concluded, in 2010, that these snail secretions have positive results on atopic dermatitis (eczema).
While studies in Greece published by the “Journal of Dermatology Treatment” in 2009 (7) proved the benefits of using the secretions in the management of partial thickness burn protocols (second degree burns).
Our company tested its own natural skin care products empowered by the snail secretions for those same skin concerns, as well as “BIOSKIN” products for several other skin disorders.
It is important to note that all our natural skin care products perform what all effective skincare products must truly accomplish: activate the fibroblasts, the cells in the dermis responsible for orchestrating the orderly regeneration of all skin components. They must also scavenge free radicals, the culprit of premature skin aging and accumulated sun damage.
We have also confirmed they replenish the lipid barrier of the skin and hyaluronic acid, which is fundamental for proper moisturizing.
Volunteer trials with Bioskincare beauty care cream, yielded the highest subjective and clinical improvement scores for all parameters measuring the quality of the skin.
For Beauty Care And Specific Skin Concerns
- beauty care and effects of harsh treatments
- uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation and wrinkles
- natural skin care for acne prone skin: first wash the face or back with an alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy cleanser (Alpha Beta Cleanser) and then 2 minutes later apply Bioskintreatment lotion for an effective acne treatment.
- acne scars reduction, including boxcar acne scars, icepick acne scars or pitted acne scars and rolling acne scars
- rosacea and dry skin as well as dermatitis, eczema or xerosis
- keloid, scars & stretch marks
- keratosis pilaris – chicken skin bumps
- men’s skin, irritations, ingrown hairs, razor burns
- sensitive skin, hard to heal, rough abused skin
- actinic keratosis & skin cancer prevention
Get Pretty Handsome, Naturally!
See below the list of natural active ingredients in our branded BIOCUTIS® natural skin care products, for beauty care and hard to heal skin, and what they are best for:
1. BioskinCare: Use it for daily skin care (and the genius of a NON-trauma enzyme exfoliation for the renewal of the skin), or for the recovery of the cutis (dermis and epidermis) after harsh treatments with retinoids or isotretinoin (Accutane) for cystic acne, fruit & acid peels that thicken the skin too much when used for frequent exfoliation, abrasives or with laser burning or professional microdermabrasion. Also to get rid of mild actinic keratosis scales, hypertrophic or raised scars, and newly formed stretch marks (it also prevents stretch marks).
Made with Biocutis snail serum, extra virgin olive oil, hyaluronic acid (the very best moisturizer), Glycerin (humectant) and a commercial preservative made only with plant extracts (SUPRAPEIN).
2. Bioskinexfol: for clever cleansing (enzyme exfoliation) use once a week. For acne scars or old stretch marks use twice a day. Same ingredients as in Bioskincare with added microcrystals to gently dissolve dead cells and debris with enzymes and a little physical abrasion of the outermost layer of the skin to “resurface” and take away imperfections, acne scars and old stretch marks.
3. BioskinBalm: similar to Bioskincare plus extra virgin rosehip oil, Chamomile, and Pentavitin™ a saccharide isomerate moisture retainer; to repair the lipid skin barrier, for dry skin, rosacea, dermatitis and eczema and calm rashes that itch.
4. BioskinRepair: to shrink keloid scars. It is the same as Bioskincare with added Petasites Japonicus Root Extract for relieving itching and skin irritations common in keloid scar tissues.
5. BioskinRejuvenation: for wrinkles and age spots, hyperpigmentation and melasma; and repair photo-aging or photodamage from accummulated excess solar radiation. It is the same as Bioskincare with added Rumex extract and a peptide to block and inhibit tyrosinase activity and the synthesis of melanin pigmentation in the skin. Good for use after acne resolves to get rid of remains of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
6. BioskinTreatment: the strongest acne treatment product. It dissolves hardened sebum that blocks pores and is the culprit of acne; but also helps to get rid of keratosis pilaris or “chicken skin” bumps (as it dissolves the accumulation of keratin in and around the pores); and for shedding off of precancerous actinic keratosis scales and mild crusts.
This product is similar to Bioskincare and contains whole willow bark, a natural source of salicylic acid (from the Salix Nigra Willow Tree) which helps to dissolve hardened sebum (the culprit of acne) and also contains natural molecules that buffer the salicylic acid so that it has none of the adverse effects of the synthetic form; and on the contrary is anti-microbial, anti irritant, and anti-inflammatory.
7. BioskinRevitalizer: contains snail serum plus vitamic C, hyaluronic acid and red seaweed extract; to strengthen sensitive and hard to heal skin or for abused skin and intense skin repair. With the highest concentration of snails secretions (to the point of most effectiveness for very abused skin).
8. Bioskinrelief: to relieve burn pain and skin irritations caused by different methods used for hair removal and for the special needs of a man’s skin.
Please note that our products may vary in color and texture (cream/gel) from batch to batch because we use whole naturally occurring ingredients that vary from batch to batch, season to season, and for different reasons, but their efficacy is not affected.
See the video below on how to get rid of acne scars with Bioskincare and Bioskinexfol (for old acne scars).
Biocutis Skin Care Affects The Epidermis & Dermis, The Cutis
The epidermis is composed of the outermost layers of cells in the skin, “epi” in Greek meaning “over” or “upon”, which together with the dermis forms the cutis [kyoo-tis].
Our company markets its all natural skin care products powered by Helix aspersa or Cryptomphalus aspersa snail secretions, made in North America, with the brand Biocutis®.
Technologically Advanced Skincare
The secretions are collected in Chile from snails one by one (a meticulous labour of love); and we use a third generation technology that stimulates their copious secretions.
Our propietary technology also allows us to embed the secretions, as they are being secreted, into microscopic lipid vessels that have an extraordinary affinity with cells’ membranes.
Thus, their antioxidant enzymes, soluble proteins, copper peptides, oligoelements (copper, zinc, selenium, calcium…) and complex biologic carbohydrate (sugar) glycans are not only protected against performance degradation but can penetrate deeply beyond the epidermis into the dermis when applied topically.
BIOCUTIS® serum is scientifically proven, unique, completely natural and collected from live snails without doing any harm to the wondrous little creatures. The serum is exported from our subsidiary in Chile to Korea & The USA.
Manufactured In The USA
In North America, in a state-of-the-art, FDA registered & current Good Manufacturing Practice factory, it truly empowers the best natural skin care products.
The Biocutis® line includes 10 products formulated with the serum and several active botanicals that complement the serum and address specific skin concerns.
Each product is a complete solution for people needing corrective skin care for premature skin aging, pigmentation and other skin disorders, burns, itchy rashes, etc., or for daily beauty care.
In the column at your right you can click on one of the images that best reflects your skin concerns, and see how easily you can heal and get back your beautiful skin with just one specific Biocutis ® product.
The quest for a process to collect the secretions and preserve them, begun in the 1980’s. Up to date three technologies have been developed to collect and include the secretions in skin care products. But getting them is still a very labour intensive process, so you will not see them listed as ingredients in luxury or paid celebrity endorsed cosmetic brands.
Products based on snail secretions are popular in South America and in Europe. Perhaps because people there see and touch them in their gardens and are familiar with their many beautiful colors, shapes and sizes. Or because they enjoy gourmet “escargots”, and do not consider them at all gross or slimy.
In America, actress Katie Holmes and celebrity Ashley Robertson are saying they are “impressed by the results”. And grateful to the little garden snails, and to the small farmers in Chile that first discovered their beautiful properties.
If this is your first time using Biocutis we offer you a 100% no-risk guarantee. Simply use one of our products, twice a day, for one month and if you don’t get significant improvements, you can simply return the empty jar and we will refund your money. Simple as that.
Testimonials are from repeat customers and may not reflect your experience with our products.
Content provided on this site is solely for informational purposes. It is your sole responsibility to consult a licensed physician or qualified health care professional for advice, diagnosis, and/or treatment of any health related condition.
Our products do not contain parabens, artificial fragrances, damaging chemical preservatives, or pore-clogging waxes. Some are 100% natural, others are 99,90% natural. All the natural it can get!
Please note commercial products with snail secretions are not endorsed by the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, or the International Atomic Energy Agency, but their scientific research and clinical trials are conclusive.
Relief For Keratosis Pilaris Disorder- Chicken Skin Bumps
Keratosis pilaris is a common, benign skin disorder that affects adolescents and adults. Keratin (the stuff nails are made off) gets deposited in the hair follicles and causes numerous small, rough, white, tan or red little bumps around them on the upper arms, thighs, buttocks, and cheeks. Bioskintreatment is formulated with willow bark extract, a source of natural salicylic acid and snail secretions for the biological treatment of keratosis pilaris.
How to look beautiful without make up and the best natural skin care routine
Thank you for visiting.